The Chicago Cubs defeated the New York Mets this evening in Las Vegas by the final score of 5-1. For a full boxscore recap follow the link below…
- Lucas Duda was 3-4 with a double, and an RBI single.
- David Wright was 1-4 with a run scored.
- Kevin Plawecki was 2-3, with 2 base hits.
- Las Vegas native Paul Sewald received the start and pitched solid 3 innings, allowing no runs, on 1 hit, with 1 walk, and 3 strikeouts.
- Chase Bradford was charged with the loss, allowing 3 runs (1 earned) over 3 hits in 1.1 innings pitched.
- Erik Goeddel allowed a run on 2 hits, with a walk and a strikeout in an inning of work.
- Jim Henderson pitched a scoreless inning only allowing a hit, with one strikeout.
- The Mets winless streak has increased to 14 games.
- The Mets have scored only 2 runs in their last 33 innings.
- The Mets conclude their spring schedule with one more game against the Chicago Cubs in Las Vegas tomorrow afternoon. First pitch is scheduled for 4:05 pm et and can be seen on WGN or MLB.tv if you have a subscription.
- Steven Matz will start the final game of the spring for the Mets, against Cubs right-hander Jason Hammel.