Today we celebrate the 48th birthday of one of the greatest power hitters in Mets history! Continue reading
The New York Mets fell to the Toronto Blue Jays this afternoon in Dunedin, by the final score of 3-1. For a full box score recap follow the link below…
- Bartolo Colon pitched 6 solid innings this afternoon allowing 3 hits, no runs, with 6 strikeouts.
- Hansel Robles pitching on back-to-back days pitched a scoreless frame with 1 walk and 1 strikeout.
- Juan Lagares and Wilmer Flores were each 1-4 at the plate this afternoon.
- Michael Conforto left today’s game early after 2 plate appearances due to back stiffness.
- The Mets lone run came from a home run off the bat of outfielder Patrick Biondi in the top of the 9th.
- Buddy Carlyle blew the save in the bottom of the 9th allowing a one out, 3-run home run by Blue Jays outfielder and former Mets organizational farm player Ezequiel Carrera.
- Former Mets outfielder Darrell Ceciliani was 2-2 for the Blue Jays this afternoon.
- Blue Jays shortstop Troy Tulowitzki exited today’s game early after being hit on the right hand by a Bartolo Colon pitch in the bottom of the 4th.
- This was the first Mets game in Dunedin since a 1989 Spring Training game when multiple bench clearing brawls occurred between both teams, which included former Mets OF Daryl Strawberry being a main culprit.
- The Mets play with a split squad tomorrow, as half of the team will head to Ft. Myers to play the Boston Red Sox. Logan Verrett will take the mound for the Mets and oppose Red Sox righty Joe Kelly. First pitch is at 1:05 pm et and the game will not be televised or broadcasted on the radio.
- The other half of the Mets team will stay in Port St. Lucie as the Mets host the Houston Astros at Tradition Field with a 1:10 pm et start time. Mets ace Matt Harvey will take the mound against Astros ace left-hander Dallas Keuchel. The game can be seen on SNY and ESPN.