The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the New York Mets at Roger Dean Stadium this afternoon by the final score of 3-1. For a full box score recap follow the link below…
- Neil Walker (pictured) was 1-3 this afternoon with a double and scored the only Mets run.
- Alejandro De Aza was 0-2, while driving in the Mets only run with an RBI ground out in the top of the 2nd.
- Yoenis Cespedes was 1-3 this afternoon.
- Bartolo Colon was solid in his final spring start, pitching 6 innings, while allowing 3 runs, on 7 hits, with no walks, and 5 strikeouts.
- Erik Goeddel pitched a clean inning while allowing no hits or walks with a strikeout.
- Asdrubal Cabrera returned to the Mets lineup and was 0-3 while playing 5 innings at shortstop.
- The Mets have not won a Grapefruit League game in their last 11 contests.
- The Mets return to Tradition Field tomorrow afternoon to face the Miami Marlins with a 1:10 pm et start time. The game can be seen on SNY.
- Matt Harvey was scheduled to start tomorrow afternoon for the Mets but has been scratched by manager Terry Collins. Harvey was the only player who missed today’s trip to Jupiter as he was visiting a doctor. The doctor he was visiting was not an orthopedic doctor which is good news. I will update you as soon as I know more information. The Marlins have not provided a starting pitcher for tomorrow’s afternoon contest.