The New York Mets played to a third straight tie this afternoon against the Washington Nationals by the final score of 4-4. For a full boxscore recap follow the link below…
- David Wright was 2-4 this afternoon with a HR and 2 RBI’s.
- Michael Conforto returned to the Mets lineup and was 2-4 with a 2-run HR.
- Neil Walker was 2-3 with a run scored and a triple.
- Steven Matz pitched 5.2 innings allowing only 1 run and 1 hit which came off of the bat of Nationals first baseman Clint Robinson. Matz issued 4 walks along with 5 strikeouts.
- The Mets bullpen struggled this afternoon as Logan Verrett, and Jim Henderson combined allowed 4 hits, and 3 runs in 1.1 innings pitched. Jerry Blevins was also charged with the blown save by allowing Henderson’s inherited runners to score.
- SS Asdrubal Cabrera did not play as expected today. He went 3-4 in a minor league game today instead and will be in tomorrow’s lineup.
- Interesting fact, Nationals RHP Yusmeiro Petit was included with 1B Mike Jacobs in the Carlos Delgado trade to the Marlins back in 2005.
- The Mets go to Jupiter to face the St. Louis Cardinals tomorrow afternoon, with a 1:05 pm et start time. The game can be seen if you have an MLB.tv subscription or heard on WOR 710 AM.
- Bartolo Colon will make his final Grapefruit League start against Cardinals young right-hander Carlos Martinez.
Happy Easter Y’all!