The Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Braves played to a 3-3 tie this afternoon at Disney. For a full boxscore recap follow the link below…
- Jacob deGrom pitched 6.2 innings and allowed 2 runs on 3 hits. He also struck out 5 batters and only issued 1 walk.
- Erik Goeddel (pictured) made his second appearance of the spring and pitched a scoreless inning allowing 1 hit and 1 walk. He also struck out a batter.
- Juan Lagares was 1-4 with an RBI.
- Matt Reynolds was 2-2 with a double.
- Wilmer Flores was 1-4 with 3 strikeouts.
- Former Mets reliever Carlos Torres was charged with the blown save this afternoon for the Braves in the 9th.
- The Mets are now 0-7-2 in their last 9 games.
Jacob deGrom looked great this afternoon on the mound, as he made fairly easy work of the Braves hitters for much of the afternoon. His velocity was still hovering between the 91-93 mph range, but he stated after the game he’s still building his arm strength back up, after taking it easy in the offseason. Either way it isn’t much of an issue at this point as he is still getting hitters out, and he has shown no concern about the velocity dip. The Mets sent many of their reserves on this trip and the Braves rolled out many of their starters this afternoon. I’m still not buying the win-loss spring training record despite many people pointing out the Nationals are 16-4-2 this spring. The game’s begin to count next Sunday night for the Mets, and I believe this upcoming week the team will have a different level of focus as Spring Training wraps up.
- The Mets return to Tradition Field for an Easter Sunday afternoon game against the Washington Nationals. First pitch is scheduled for 1:10 pm et and the game can be seen on WPIX or heard on WOR 710 AM.
- The Mets will send Steven Matz to the mound to face Nationals righty Yusmeiro Petit. Asdrubal Cabrera is expected to make his return to the Mets lineup tommrrow afternoon as well.