- Zack Wheeler threw off the top of a mound this afternoon for the first time since his Tommy John operation. Wheeler previously threw 10 pitches from the slope of the mound last week. This is a huge step in Wheeler’s rehab from Tommy John surgery, and he is still slated to make his return on July 1st.
- Right-handed reliever Erik Goeddel threw a second bullpen session this afternoon. He is going to have one more session before getting into game action, with game action as early as possibly Sunday according to ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin.
- David Wright took some swings in batting practice, back at the Mets facility in Port St. Lucie today off of rehabbing pitcher Josh Edgin. Wright’s next steps will be determined after he meets with Terry Collins. I still strongly believe we will see Wright on Friday in game action at Tradition Field.
- It is also good news to see left-handed reliever Josh Edgin getting some work in this afternoon. Edgin who was becoming a dominant lefty, missed the entire 2015 season, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery as well. He is expected back with the big club around May 1st.
- Sirius XM’S Robert Brender reported today that former Mets pitcher Vic Black has undergone arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Black who is currently a free agent, most likely will sit this season out and rehab, with a return in 2017 most likely.