Final Recap: Phillies 1 – Mets 0
The Philadelphia Phillies (1-4) shutout the New York Mets (2-2) this evening by the final score of 1-0. For a full postgame recap follow the link below…
- Bartolo Colon pitched 6 solid innings with his lone mistake coming on a Ryan Howard home run in the bottom of the 5th. He allowed 5 hits, allowed no walks, and struck out 7. Colon also made a beautiful over the shoulder catch on a Freddy Galvis bunt attempt in the top of the 6th inning.
- Asdrubal Cabrera was 2-3 with a double.
- Lucas Duda was 1-4 with a single.
- Hansel Robles, Antonio Bastardo, and Jeurys Familia combined for 3 scoreless innings.
- The Mets only had 3 hits tonight and were 0-5 with RISP.
- Ryan Howard now has 45 career home runs against the Mets, which is the most among all active players in baseball.
It was a pretty ho-hum night at a cold and wet Citi Field. The Mets were unable to get anything going on offense, despite the pitching doing a great job of keeping them in the game. Hopefully with better weather expected tomorrow, the Mets offense will come alive and put some runs on the board. I can’t believe Mets fans already are beginning to boo Yoenis Cespedes. Yes I understand he has started the season 2-12 at the plate, but lets not start those shenanigans this early on a proven commodity in Cespedes. I also provided the beautiful Willie Mays-esque catch that Colon made below, as it is the only Mets play worth highlighting tonight.
- The Mets and Phillies will play the rubber game of their 3-game series tomorrow afternoon with a 1:10 pm et start time. The game can be seen on SNY and MLB Network. The Mets will also be debuting their 1986 throwback uniforms tomorrow that they will wear on all Sunday home games at Citi Field.
- The Mets will send Matt Harvey (0-1, 4.76 ERA) to the mound to oppose Phillies right-hander Jeremy Hellickson (0-0, 0.00 ERA).