The Miami Marlins defeated the New York Mets this afternoon at Tradition Field by the final score of 1-0. For a full box score recap follow the link below…
- The Mets only had 2 hits this afternoon. One hit each from Juan Lagares & Yoenis Cespedes.
- Sean Gilmartin pitched 3 innings, allowing 1 run on 3 hits with 3 strikeouts.
- Jim Henderson pitched a clean inning with 1 strikeout.
- Logan Verrett pitched 3.2 scoreless innings allowing only 2 hits, with 3 strikeouts.
- Addison Reed pitched a scoreless inning only allowing 1 hit with 1 strikeout.
- Final 19 Mets batters were retired in order today.
Since there is not much to write about in this game, as the Mets seemed to be just going through the motions, I will leave a link below of a highlight of a nice play made at first base by Wilmer Flores. Flores seems to look comfortable at first and I think defensively he will be fine wherever he plays. The confidence he carried from the second half of last season seems to have carried over into this spring. It also looks like those defensive lessons from Keith Hernandez are paying off as well. Yes I know the Mets haven’t won a game in their last twelve played. Am I worried? The simple answer is no.
- The Mets will play their final 2016 Grapefruit League game at Tradition Field tomorrow afternoon against the Washington Nationals, with a 12:10 pm et start time. The game can be seen on SNY.
- Noah Syndergaard will get the start for the Mets, with Matt Harvey following him in relief to pitch two innings. The Nationals will send their ace right-hander Max Scherzer to the mound.