The New York Mets defeated the Miami Marlins this afternoon by the final score of 6-5 at Roger Dean Stadium. For a full boxscore recap follow the link below…
- Jacob deGrom pitched 3 strong innings allowing 1 hit, no runs, and 3 strikeouts.
- Steven Matz pitched 4 innings after deGrom allowing 5 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Curtis Granderson was 2-3 with 3 RBI.
- Travis d’Arnaud who started behind the plate was 2-2 with 3 RBI and 2 runs scored.
- Alejandro De Aza was 1-1 with 2 runs scored. He is hitting .455 this spring.
- Yoenis Cespedes was 1-2 with a run scored. He was hit by a Edwin Jackson pitch in the top of the 5th on the wrist and left the game. The latest word on Cespedes, is that he will be ok.
- Tomorrow night, the Mets host the Washington Nationals for a 6:05 pm et. start at Tradition Field. The game can be seen on SNY and heard on WOR 710 AM.
- Bartolo Colon will take the mound for the Mets, with a starter for the Nationals yet to be announced. David Wright will also be making his Grapefruit League debut for the Mets tomorrow evening.